Living Waters Phuket Foundation – Building Brighter Futures
The packing and distribution of the crucial Life Bags continue each week, helping some of the most in-need communities with basic food supplies.
There has been a very promising response to our grant application process online; with numerous projects being applied for, in process of review (this week alone there are 7 initiatives being reviewed), or being approved and completed.
Living Waters Phuket Foundation continues to put strong importance on the development of relationships and has met again with community leaders to understand projects in need of urgent assistance.
Networking With Community Leaders Update:
This week, the Foundation met with the following notable community leaders to discuss future project requirements:
1. The Governor of Phuket
2. The President of Phuket Red Cross
3. Head of Vachira Hospital in Phuket
Food Security Update:
Life Bag Packing / Distribution Update
1. 1,500 Life Bags were packed last week, as part of the ongoing emergency food relief support program
2. The aforementioned 1,500 Life Bags were distributed across Phuket local communities
3. On Thursday 16th December an additional 1,000 Life Bags were packed and delivered the same day to support the ongoing project further
We are in need of your donations, however large or small on our Weeboon account. Weekly updates on initiatives will be provided. Please follow the link to donate, any amount is appreciated:
We have had reporters from NBC and the BBC doing further reports of our Foundations work this week, which will be an excellent way to spread the message of our projects and funding initiatives.
In addition, we have a Press Release on the last 6 weeks of projects being published in The Phuket News (3/4 page will be published on Friday 24th December) and The Thaiger to raise local awareness of our Foundations work.
Funding Application Update:
The Foundation has received information around a number of proposed projects waiting to apply, along with new grant applications from organizations around child safety, education and schooling, sustainability projects, and orphanages.
The number of current and future knew about applications is an important indication of how critically this Foundation’s funding and support is needed in and around Phuket.
Project Funding Reviews:
There are a number of the submitted grant applications that are in process of being reviewed from Coconut Island School, Phuket Has Been Good To Us, Life Home Project, Good Shepherd Phuket Town, and Kathu Wittiya School, among others.
Approved Projects in Progress:
Wheelchair Assistance Initiative
- This project saw funding for Administration purposes from our Foundation with purchase funding from The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints to purchase 1,800 wheelchairs for The Red Cross Phuket for use in hospitals, clinics and vaccination centers across Thailand to assist those with mobility issues. This project is in process and the wheelchairs are being distributed and tracked.
Disadvantaged Students Project
- The Foundation is currently supporting over 600 disadvantaged students across 42 schools who require assistance with attaining uniforms and books. This project is for The Red Cross Phuket.
Super Life Bags
- This completed project was the largest single order of life bag supplies in Phuket in the last 21 months and saw over 8,700 large life bags packed and completed for delivery to Phuket and the surrounding areas, helped by Government officials and 5 Star Marine.
Kathu Wittya School
- The Sustainable Education on Farming and Food Production is completed. This long-term initiative was designed around teaching almost 1,000 children how to farmland using proven Thai techniques and processes in order to produce and harvest food.
The Good Shepherd
- The project for The Good Shepherd for Solar Panel Installation for the Good Shepherd Phuket Town (GSPT) Learning Centre is now completed.
- Living Waters Phuket Foundation completed this project to fund and provide brand new IT equipment for over 500 disadvantaged children for the school. This project helped teachers, volunteers, and administrators to be able to deliver their English classes more effectively and efficiently.
Living Waters Phuket Foundation has already fully completed 4 funded projects, and along with this, continued to pack and distribute Life Bags. We are pleased to announce that the interest and applications on our website for funding is working well, and look forward to aiding and supporting our community further with projects that need our assistance. We remain dedicated to nurturing community relationships and media opportunities to get our message and purpose out there, as well as discussing projects in need of urgent assistance.
We continue to support our community, allowing them to build brighter futures for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Please contact us for more information.
+66 99 341 6799 | [email protected]
Donate to help us build brighter futures: Weeboon