Living Waters Phuket Foundation – Building Brighter Futures
The second official launch week for Living Waters Phuket was filled with more inspiring developments, including new grants, plus administration and government relationship collaborations.
Living Waters Phuket was honored to be invited to the official opening ceremony of the new Phuket Provincial Administration Centre. The invitation was extended by the Phuket Red Cross President, Mrs. Woonchiew, and Governor Narong Woonciew.
There was also a meeting with James Leyson, the MD of Scholars of Sustenance (SOS), discussing food waste issues. Collaborative meetings to discuss the facilitation of the Super Life Bag Pack distribution took place with PHBGTU the Red Cross and SOS.
The start of the week saw the distribution of a number of Super Life Bags, aided by the Government officials and 5 Star Marine. Packing took place for food supplies across Thalang and is volunteer parents from Headstart International school are scheduled for early next week
Existing Grant Updates:
Kathu Wittaya School Sustainable Farming Project
- The foundation has issued a financial grant to support a sustainable farming and food production education program. This long-term initiative is designed around teaching almost 1,000 children about producing food, giving them the skills to be self-sufficient.
- This week, the foundations for the supporting building have been set up, with teachers and volunteers all working hard on this project. This will ultimately help to support the sustainable community farming project.
Coconut Island Water Purification Project
- Shaun from 5 Star Marine and his team headed to Coconut Island to meet with local village leaders.
- Their discussions revolved around a Water Purification project that Living Waters Phuket is working on in the village.
- Living Waters Phuket is able to take the ‘Life Bags’ work that 5 Star Marine supported previously, and now look at sustainable and efficient ways to improve the lives of the local community.
Latest Aid / Grant News:
Education Assistance for Disadvantaged Children
- Living Waters Phuket has funded a new grand application to allow Phuket Has Been Good To Us (PHBGTU) to purchase new IT equipment in order to be able to deliver their English classes for free to over 500 disadvantaged children.
- This has enabled teachers to be able to deliver higher quality lessons, printed materials, and content using this brand-new equipment.
- This initiative aims to help students progress further with their education, giving them a brighter future for employment options thus helping their families also.
- 5 Star Marine and Sustainable Mai Khao are planning a beach clean-up for Saturday 13th November with 20 students, for their UWCT Service Learning at Khai Nai island
- Scheduled engineer visit to Coconut Island on Monday 15th November, as there is an urgent need for clean drinking water, cooking facilities, cold storage, fans, a clean-up and repair on dangerous footpaths
- There will be a Life Bag pack with UWCT Service-Learning students on 20th
Please contact us for more information.